Speaker Information Portal
Everything you need to know as a speaker at the AAEE2021 Biennial National Conference. Share the code AAEEGUEST with your connections for a special guest discount at check out!
Tuesday, 31st August – Registration
We need to have you registered by the end of August. Your registration secures your place in the program, and ensures we can manage your time as a speaker to give you the best experience possible. If you have submitted an abstract but can not attend the conference, please let Florian know on 08 9443 3468 or email@example.com. Note, the conference dinner is an add-on at the bottom! Don’t forget to secure your spot, places are limited!
Physical Speakers – Have your PowerPoint presentation submitted along with any videos you are planning to play during your presentation to the dropbox link below AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Ensure the PowerPoint file is labelled with your name and presentation title, and videos are labelled with name and the slide number you would like to play them. 16:9 Format.
Virtual Speakers – Have your pre-recorded video submitted via the link by close of business Friday, 24th September. Ensure the video is labelled with your name and presentation title. Be creative with your content!
Tuesday, 28th September – Conference Day 1
Conference Opening, Research Presentations, Practitioner Presentations, Workshops, Local Excursions
Wednesday, 29th September – Conference Day 2
Thursday, 30th September – Conference Day 3
Conference Close, Research Presentations, Practitioner Presentations, Workshops, Local Excursions
Answers to your burning questions
- How do I attend the conference dinner?
- It’s right at the bottom of the ticket types, don’t forget to add it on to your order!
I am unable to afford the registration cost
- We understand the surrounding COVID situation has financially affected many of you. We are providing a speaker discount and differing ticket types to be as inclusive as possible
- The policy has been clear from the start, and to remain fair, we must treat all of our presenters with the same conditions
- There is a large cost associated with running conferences and registrations are one of the ways we cover these costs so please keep this in mind!
- Will I get a refund on my ticket if I can’t make it due to COVID troubles?
- Yes, of course, 100% refund if it’s out of your control and you can’t join us
- Can I present virtually?
- Yes, purchase a virtual registration! Keep in mind, they’re single-day tickets, if you want access to 2 days, purchase 2 tickets. We’ll be in touch with more information on presenting virtually soon. Our preference is to have you with us in person, so purchase a physical ticket, and we’ll refund you the difference if anything changes! If everyone presents virtually, our delegates won’t have anyone to watch so please join us!
- I don’t want to attend the full conference, what do I do?
- The policy is all presenters must register, be that a single day or 3-day registration. You may not attend your presentation unless you purchase a registration to the conference.
Where do I enter the promo code?
- The registrations section in the speaker portal will show you
- Enter into the blue ‘enter promo code here’ text into the top left of the check out
I can’t attend my allocated session
- Let Florian know and we’ll see what we can do!
Slido is the app we are using to facilitate Q&A for your presentations. Factor Q&A time into your presentation if this is something you would like to do. A video has been provided to give you some guidance on how to find your way around the app. Get comfortable with it now, have a play around with it to ensure you know how it works. We will wipe it clean in advance of the conference, and questions will be archived at the end of your session to prepare for the next! We suggest taking the conversation to a LinkedIn group if you want to continue after your session has finished.
All 2021 speakers are required to register for the conference, as is part of the terms and conditions. Please complete your registration via the portal on the right or on eventbrite. You will need to purchase a ticket to secure your place at the conference! The conference dinner is an add-on at the bottom! Don’t forget to secure your spot, places are limited!
If you are not planning on attending the physical conference in WA, please purchase a virtual ticket. Note, in the event you can’t attend due to an arising COVID situation, or we’re required to cancel the event, you are entitled to a full refund. We want as many of you at the physical event as possible, so please don’t let the surrounding situation deter you from attending!
Enter the code AAEESPEAKER in the top-left “enter promo code” section for a discount ($49) on your registration. If you require a purchase order number on your invoice, please email Florian on firstname.lastname@example.org and he will have an invoice made-up and sent to you.
We appreciate any help we can get in promoting our conference to your audiences. You may share the code AAEEGUEST with your audience for a discount.
Below we have included some downloadable materials as well as relevant links to share with whoever may be interest! You can include the email signature in your emails and post the speaker badge to your social media. Make sure you tag the Australian Association for Environmental Education when sharing, and use the hashtags #aaee #aaee21
Please find special rates for the conference on our accommodation page. Keep in mind, it is a long weekend and rooms will book out quickly! We recommend getting in as soon as possible, at least a month before the event to ensure you can secure suitable accommodation.
We have negotiated special rates for The Atrium, The Sebel and Mandurah Ocean Marina Chalets. Accommodation is also available through Airbnb, and there are many other hotels in the area. Again, get in early, it’s a long weekend!
First Point of Contact
Project Coordinator, Partner&Prosper
Phone 08 9443 3468
Second Point of Contact
Phone: 08 9443 3468
Dr Jennifer Pearson
Convenor, AAEE WA
Bonnie Beal Richardson
Senior Environmental Education Officer, City of Mandurah
Phone: 08 9550 3827